Defective Premises

Defective Premises in the Hartford area

People trip, slip, and fall. Sometimes it is truly just an accident. But sometimes that slip, trip, or fall was caused by the way the premises were maintained. The Hartford personal injury Attorney Vincent M. DeAngelo helps people injured on defective premises by getting them the compensation they deserve and by causing property owners to change and reconsider the way they maintain their premises.

What to do if you slip, trip, or fall

If you slip, trip, or fall on someone else’s property, the first thing to do is not panic.

  • Report the accident. It is important to report the accident to someone. That someone could be the property owner, the store manager, a municipality or even the police. This ensures that there is notice of your accident. If a written report is created, make sure you get a copy of that report.
  • Seek medical attention. Go to the emergency room or see your doctor as soon as possible. It is important that you receive treatment as quickly as you can. Also, the sooner you can document any injuries, the better.
  • Take pictures. Use a smartphone, cell phone, or camera to take pictures of the accident site. By doing so, you create a record of what the site looked like when your accident occurred.
  • Take notes. Sometimes your memory is not as good as you think it is. As soon as you can after the accident, write down everything you remember: time of day, conditions, names of witnesses, etc. These notes may prove to be invaluable later down the road.

How a Hartford injury lawyer can help

Attorney Vincent M. DeAngelo helps people who have been severely injured on defective premises. He will investigate your claim, gathering additional photos of the area and tracking down witnesses. If necessary, finding expert witnesses to support your claim of defective premises. Hartford injury attorney Vincent DeAngelo negotiates settlements with insurance companies and, if necessary, tries defective premises cases before juries.

Speak with a personal injury attorney in the Hartford area

Attorney Vincent M. DeAngelo makes this promise: "I will give you hard work and straight talk". For a free consultation to discuss your medical malpractice or other personal injury case, call him at 860.246.3500 or use the online form. He handles cases in the Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, and Milford areas.