Product Liability

Product Liability Claims in Connecticut

A product liability claim occurs when a person is injured or suffers other damages due to a product he or she used. Product liability claims apply to products you use every day, such as food products and motor vehicles. But you can also bring product liability claims for less obvious products, such as synthetic hip and joint replacements. Hartford personal injury attorneys like Vincent DeAngelo are available to help.

Types of product liability claims

There are three types of product liability claims based on three ways in which products can be defective:

  • Defectively manufactured products. A defectively manufactured product was improperly manufactured or otherwise damaged. The defect can occur in manufacturing, in shipping, or after the distributor or seller receives it.
  • Defectively designed products. The product was properly manufactured, but its design is unreasonably dangerous, causing serious injury. In some instances, the personal injury victim can claim that the manufacturer knew about the defect and did nothing about it.
  • Defectively marketed devices. The marketing of a product includes any recommendations, warnings or instructions concerning the use of that product. Potential claims include the failure to provide adequate instructions regarding the product’s safe use.

What to do if you have been injured by a defective product

An injury caused by a defective product should not be ignored. If you believe you may have been injured due to a defective product, contact the Attorney Vincent M. DeAngelo for a free initial consultation. He will review the circumstances of your case. If necessary, he will refer your case to a Hartford injury attorney who can best help you with your case.

Learn more from a Hartford personal injury attorney

Attorney Vincent M. DeAngelo makes this promise: "I will give you hard work and straight talk". For a free consultation to discuss your medical malpractice or other personal injury case, call him at 860.246.3500 or use the online form.  He handles cases in the Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, and Milford areas.