malpractice lawyer in ct

Vaginal Birth After C-Section

A Hartford attorney explains the alternatives

Thanks to advances in medicine and surgical technique, most women can successfully give birth vaginally after giving birth in a prior C-section. As with all medical decisions, though, there are certain advantages, risks and benefits to either choice.

How to choose between your VBAC options

The final choice will be one a woman can make only with her doctor. However, here are some things to consider when choosing between your VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) options:

  • Your goal is a healthy mom, a healthy baby, and a healthy birth experience. The decision is yours.
  • Learn more about VBAC. Ask questions.
  • Talk with other mothers who experienced a VBAC.
  • Make sure your doctor understands your complete medical history, including previous C-sections and other uterine procedures.
  • Review the pros and cons of all your options with your doctor and your partner or a loved one. Discuss your fears and expectations.
  • Pay attention to your feelings about whether you want to deliver your baby vaginally and your worries or fears about your ability to go through labor to VBAC.
  • If you and your doctor think that VBAC is right for you, you may wish to have your doctor available throughout your labor to closely monitor your progress.
  • Plan to deliver your baby at a well-equipped hospital with fetal monitoring, a surgical team that can respond quickly and the ability to give anesthetics and blood transfusions around the clock.
  • Do everything you can to assure a healthy delivery: exercise, eat right, schedule regular visits with your doctor, maintain a healthy weight and take care of health or medical issues you may have.

Medical malpractice during the birthing process

Unfortunately, sometimes things can go wrong during birth. And sometimes there is medical malpractice involved. If you believe that an injury to you or your baby was caused by the medical malpractice of your doctor or other healthcare provider, speak with Connecticut medical malpractice attorney Vincent DeAngelo to discuss your options.

Talk to a Connecticut medical malpractice lawyer

Attorney Vincent M. DeAngelo makes this promise: "I will give you hard work and straight talk". For a free consultation to discuss your medical malpractice or other personal injury case, call him at 860.246.3500 or use the online form. He handles cases in the Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, and Milford areas.